igolgi announces exciting new features for its ATSC Encoder Product Line
September 10th , 2014
igolgi, Inc., a provider of high-quality media transformation solutions based on Intel multicore platforms, announced today an enhanced encoder offering targeting the ATSC Terrestrial Broadcast market. The VIVACE encoding platform now supports :
- integrated CALM compliance (in partnership with Linear Acoustic)
- a text scrolling feature on each channel that can be used for a variety of emergency and information communication purposes to customers
- integrated Dynamic PSIP generation (in addition to a Static PSIP that was already in the platform)
- ingesting compressed (H.264 or MPEG2) programs over ASI input or IP input and transcoding them to MPEG2 for multiplexing them into the integrated mux in the encoder.
- Ingesting an audio-only input to enable audio-only broadcasts in the ATSC multiplex as a data stream
“We have been working with a variety of ONOs, Class A and LPT operators and have developed a new set of features for our encoder product line that we think will provide additional revenue opportunities to terrestrial broadcast operators in a very cost-effective manner”, said Dr. Kumar Ramaswamy, President, igolgi Inc.
For further information on igolgi, visit the igolgi web site at www.igolgi.com.
About igolgi, Inc.
igolgi, Inc. is a provider of nextgenerationvideo compression products and services for digitaltelevision, internet hosting, and post production applications. Our products include video encoders, decoders andtranscoders that provide significantly greater efficiency and advanced features executing on general purpose server hardware. We are committed tobringing to the market superior software based video signal processing and compression solutionsby leveraging the compute power of multi-coreand hybrid computer platforms.